UDT tags in FactoryTalk ME

xzen

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm writing an application in ControlLogix 5000. The controller will have a FactoryTalk View Machine Edition HMI and communication by RSLinx. The HMI hardware and software will be acquired later in the project, so I have currently no possibility to test the controller together with the HMI.
In my RSLogix 5000 application I have an UDT (User Defined Type) called UDT_ValveStatus with the members: Open (BOOL), Closed (BOOL) and Position (DINT).
Then there are several tags of type UDT_ValveStatus: Valve1, Valve2 etc.

My question is: Can I access UDT members the same way as in the RSLogix 5000 editor? Like this: Valve1.Position, Valve1.Open, Valve2.Position etc.
Or do I have to make individual tags for each instance of Open, Closed and Position?
The Help files for RSLinx and FactoryTalk View does not give any clear answer or examples as far as I can see.

My question is: Can I access UDT members the same way as in the RSLogix 5000 editor? Like this: Valve1.Position, Valve1.Open, Valve2.Position etc.
Or do I have to make individual tags for each instance of Open, Closed and Position?

Yes you can, here is a screenshot example. PreHeaterNest is an array of UDT's. The column on the right is the contents of the UDT at index 1 in the array.

UDT_Selection.jpg

Hi

Just if you are using the parameter function you any have to type in valve_1 and not valve_1.open etc

Donnchadh