Connecting Micrologix 1400 through Ethernet

Delete your driver ETH-1 and only use ETHIP-1, then show a screenshot again of the driver diagnostic for ETHIP-1

OK, now open RSLogix and click COMM then System COMM, when the new window opens click upload and then let us know what happened

So I am thinking that if you both are having the issue there is a good chance its a Windows update issue thats killing RSLinx

This has happen to me several times

I haven't found a solution to that specific problem, but I did get it working. I'll update my thread on what I did to get it working. It was a step by step process and could be a windows update.

How could they know? They can't connect with E/IP ;)

(yes, via serial, I know)

You can just check that in channel configurations without being online. See Red... This is a ML1400...
That is, if you have a copy of the program.

ML1400-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I never did check that box (red) in a ML1400 before. Seeing as I have all this setup in my apartment with questionable wiring, I may just do that.

You can just check that in channel configurations without being online. See Red... This is a ML1400...
That is, if you have a copy of the program.

if suppose this is the case, is there a way to reverse it or change it in anyway?

will serial communication work?
although i am not well versed with this mode of communication with ML1400, so any kind of help is very much welcome