Zebra Ethernet/IP Printer and Studio 5000

Hello every one, these day I could send data to the printer ZD420 from mi 1769-L16ER-BB1B. I used these manual:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/at/enet-at002_-en-p.pdf

What you do is use the Message block (msg) to open the ethernet port and send ASCII characters thruogh it.

These characters are the ZPL II code. This way you don't need to get the special firmware.

Cheers!!

Can you explain for me what did you do? If possible, can you send me a program example?

Jcasse: just wait some minutes i will send you the whole package.
You have to get point from zebra in order to change ethernet port firmware .
Saludos,

william

For those who need help with the PLC program please send me a PM.
I send the package to those who asked it for.

Dear Widelto,
Can you send me the example programa, to interface |Rockwell Compaclogix with zebra ethernet/IP printers?

[email protected]

I also created a parser for AdvancedHMI that would search the ZPL file for anything enclosed in brackets in the ZPL (which was done within ZebraDesigner), then use that value as a tag name to get data to replace it with. The final ZPL string was then sent directly to the printer.

I think the best way to deal with the zebra printer is to get a server to handle downloading the label.

All communications is best done TCP/IP or socket comms by PLC to and from server.

Then all the plc would do is Scan box, send info to server, track your box down to the printer and trigger to apply the label. Then Scan verify the label and send up info to server on whether this is a good label or not and this decision to either divert into a reject lane or go straight for a good box.