CSVDatalog Active X/ME DataStore Plus bug?

JZerb

Setting up a CSVDatalog Active X the other day on a PVP7 standard and came across an issue I'd like to share. To keep it short and to the point, under the Advanced tab in the Datalog Properties for File Headers I chose "Template". I made a template .csv file in excel and loaded it onto the PVP. Triggered the datalog from the PLC to test it, saw the trigger bit go high on the PLC (I setup a test screen to make sure this was working properly with two numeric displays), didn't see the handshake bit go high, then the PVP freezes right up. Needs a power cycle to bring it back to life. Try again, same issue. Go back into the Datalog Properties choose "Use tag names" for the File Headers options and make a new .mer, now everything works just as it should. Go back into the Datalog Properties and then try "Template" under the File Headers options and this time UNCHECK Enable tamper detection, load .mer, everything works.

So, has anyone else experienced this issue? It seems as if you want to use tamper detection for the .csv file that it creates on the PVP, you cannot use a template of your own making for the file headers to do so.