Set date(Day,Month,Year) from factory talk to RsLogix5000

Esm

Hi, good day.

I look for the way of set date from Factory Talk to RsLogix5000 tag.

I was find a tag DateAndTimeString(Because only me useful string data type) in the system of the Factory Talk but I can't set this date to the tag of the RsLogix.

Please someone could say me any way to do it???

Regards

Here's a screenshot of how i set it up on a panelview. All you have to do is tag the time values in your PLC in the global connections on the panelview program and then you have to tell the panelview when you want it to update its time by turning on and off the Remote Date and Time connection.

In this screenshot i was reading the hour from the PLC clock and when it said 8 i turned the remote date and time value on and that synced the times.

This screenshot is pulling the time from a SLC5/05 processor. You would need to update the tags to pull from the date time flags on your PLC.

TimeUpdate.jpg

Are you using FactoryTalk View SE, or FactoryTalk View ME (PanelView Plus) ?

If you are using a PC-based HMI system, one preferred method to keep PLC clocks in synch with computer clocks is the Logix 5000 Clock Update Tool, which is available from the RA download center. That tool updates the controller clocks themselves periodically.

Here's a screenshot of how i set it up on a panelview. All you have to do is tag the time values in your PLC in the global connections on the panelview program and then you have to tell the panelview when you want it to update its time by turning on and off the Remote Date and Time connection.

In this screenshot i was reading the hour from the PLC clock and when it said 8 i turned the remote date and time value on and that synced the times.

This screenshot is pulling the time from a SLC5/05 processor. You would need to update the tags to pull from the date time flags on your PLC.

Thank you so much, finally I was choise set the date from RsLogix5000 using the function "WallClockTime", after I was convert
the int data to string data.

Time date display Factory talk view studio

Hi

Does the Time date display selected from objects-> advanced -> Time and date, display the Global connections tags that are set up. Hence the PLC and not the HMI time. I have no way to test this as it is an controlled environment and have to do the change documentation before the download.

Global connections.PNG Time and date.PNG

For ME applications it shows the Date/Time from the PanelView terminal. If the application is running on a PC, it shows the Date/Time on the PC. Not the PLC.

If you want the HMI to display the date/time in the PLC you must point to the specific tags in the controller where the date/time has been stored.

OG

Last edited:
Hi ÓG, Thanks for reply. The time was set to the plc. See attached pics. I am going to use the time synch tool to align the plcs to a pc that has the correct time settings so it will update to daylight savings each time of year.

Last edited: