FTView SE Local Station ActiveX wmpdll.cab missing

joelryan22

Hi everyone,
I've run into an issue using using the embedded windows media player with ActiveX on FTView SE local station. When I test the display in FTView Studio the embedded wmp video displays fine but when I run the program using the client i get the error "Unable to load ActiveX control for display <Screen_5>" and then the error "cause: Windows Media Player: CAB file missing on the server http://localhost/RSViewActiveXControlSetup/wmpdll.cab"

Here is what i have tried so far:
1. using the file wmp.dll i created a cab file called "wmpdll.cab" and place it in the folder c:\users\public\documents\rsviewenterprise\activexcontrolsetup
2. use regvsr32 to add wmp.dll to the registry

Any other ideas for a solution to this issue?

Compare the two .dll files properties and note the difference.

Copy and paste the .dll on the client, into somewhere safe. Delete it from it's origional location. Then paste the .dll from the server into that file location.

I see the issue quite often with the FM20.dll.

Hi everyone,
I've run into an issue using using the embedded windows media player with ActiveX on FTView SE local station. When I test the display in FTView Studio the embedded wmp video displays fine but when I run the program using the client i get the error "Unable to load ActiveX control for display <Screen_5>" and then the error "cause: Windows Media Player: CAB file missing on the server http://localhost/RSViewActiveXControlSetup/wmpdll.cab"

Here is what i have tried so far:
1. using the file wmp.dll i created a cab file called "wmpdll.cab" and place it in the folder c:\users\public\documents\rsviewenterprise\activexcontrolsetup
2. use regvsr32 to add wmp.dll to the registry

Any other ideas for a solution to this issue?

Hi Joel,

Did you ever find a resolution for this ?

I am having the same problem with FTView v9.0 on Windows 10 - I create a brand new test display then create ActiveX Control with Windows Media Player. It creates and tests just fine but when I close and re-open the display I get the same CAB file missing error as you do.

Tried creating a CAB file in that directory with CABARC as you did but did not work.

If you have a resolution please let me know !