FactoryTalk View ME Alarm Filters

Viks

Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out a way to filter out area alarms on my panelview. My alarm labels have the area code as a prefix of "A2" eg. A2PE1101, A2CY1101. I've got multiple areas which are part of the alarm label. I know I can use the filter option in the alarm list object and select all the labels which have the area suffix to filter them out per area. What I need to know is if there is a wildcard option available on the filter so instead of having to select them using the check boxes, could I just use a wildcard like A2* in the filter and that filters out all the labels starting with the prefix A2. I've tried using this wildcard but nothing comes through. Dont even get any errors that the alarm list object is unable to resolve the filter. Having to select check boxes may be suitable for projects which dont have many alarms but for projects which have 1000's of alarm labels to filter, its a bit of a pain.o_O

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one who has come across this situation so if anyone has done this successfully in the past, would you be kind enough to share your ideas. Thanks

ME version 10 (CPR 9 SR10)