FactoryTalk View Studio Animation Scaling with Resolution Change

seestoryrun

Hello, I'm new to the forum here, as well as new to all of this FactoryTalk Allen-Bradley stuff. I'm normally a mechanical guy from the solidworks 3D world, we had a software guy quit on us and needed someone to take over the HMI responsibilities for this project. Having done web and graphic stuff in my spare time the powers at be thought I'd be a good fit to finish out this project on the "software" side. So please forgive me if I'm asking dumb questions or using incorrect terminology as I fumble through this question I've got.

I've got a project in FactoryTalk View Studio (v7) that is setup to run on a PanelView 1500 which has a resolution of 1024x768. We also have a PC that will be running the same project file via FactoryTalk View Station ME on a monitor that has a resolution of 1920x1200.

I've learned that you can change the project's resolution inside of FactoryTalk View Studio and it will scale everything for you. Everything but animations...

I have one screen that shows an overview of the whole system. It's got a bunch of animations showing the robots tracking across the screen to scale with the real machine. When I change the resolution of the project, it scales the graphics, but it does not scale the horizontal/vertical offsets of all my animations. As far as I can tell these "offsets" can only be entered as pixel values and do not scale.

Do you guys know if there is a way to change how these offsets are entered? I would LOVE if these could be a percentage or a tag/expression so I can apply a multiplication factor to them as my screen changes. ...anything other than just a dumb unchangeable pixel value. Is there a setting I'm overlooking that would let this offset value get scaled with my graphics when I change project resolutions?

I know I can run the lower resolution project on the bigger monitor and let the PC do the scaling, it just looks rough. I could also just bite the bullet and modify these offsets, but there are a lot of them to change and I don't want 2 project files to maintain (beyond just doing a save-as with a different resolution).

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR I have 2 monitor resolutions I want the same project file to run on. When I change the resolution on the project file, FTVS won't scale the animation offset values. Do you know of a way to scale these?