Twido Communication Cable - Modbus RTU

luisfsa

Hello guys,

I'm trying to communicate a Twido 10DRF with a computer Modbus RTU master and i'm getting some problems.

With TSXCUSB485-TSXCRJMD25 cable i have success programming PLC and communicating with Modbus RTU.

But i'm trying to build a cable to communicate and i can't get it on.

I've done following links:

PLC PIN --- RS485 Converter PIN
1 (A+)-----------3 (A+)
2 (B-)----------- 4 (B-)

Well, no matter if i jump or not the 5-7 pin, i can't get PLC in communication mode. With this connection i can program it, but never get Modbus RTU working.

Should i make a connection between 5-7 pin and RS485 Converter GND?

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Hey..

Well, before someone answer me, i got it working! The guy who was connecting the cable was misunderstanding schematic and swaped 3 -5.

So, the correct connection is:

PLC PIN --- RS485 Converter PIN
1 (A+)-----------3 (A+)
2 (B-)----------- 4 (B-)

It's not needed to interconnect RS485 converter GND to 0V of PLC.