Alternative TP177B

Jeroen Benoot

Hello,

as you might know, the TP177B is no longer in production.
However, we do have a lot of them in our machines, so some spares would come in handy, but we can not buy them anymore at Siemens.
Does anybody know an alternative to these screens that doesn't require TIA?

Best regards,
Jeroen

KTP600.
Still programmable by WinCC Flexible, but maybe only available for a little while more.
Also, does not have exactly the same functionality as TP177B.

I have a TP170B Mono. You can convert the TP177B program without loss of functionality.
It is for MPI or DP only, no ethernet. Program can be downloaded via RS232.
It is unused, but not in the original box.
Interested ?
If so, PM me.

I am also quite happy with the Comfort Panels.
But the OP said "an alternative to these screens that doesn't require TIA".

I am only using the WinCC part in TIA, not the STEP7 part. And I find it acceptable to work with. Problem is that I dont have integration with the STEP7 Classic project which means extra manual work setting up tags and an extra source for errors.

I do have a license for TIA, but I have never used it.
If in this case it requires only a little extra manual work, I do not mind.
But only if this does not generate extra errors, as JesperMP mentioned.
I fear the combination of both Step7 and TIA in one project.
I'm not even sure if it is possible, I have never used TIA before.

Oops, sorry about that.

But wouldn't it be the same as before?

S7 and WinCC or S7 and TIA?

I understand that getting TIA comfort might be a little bit pricey. But if you are looking for a solution for the long run, you might have to compromise somewhere :).

Actually the Comfort Panels are not pricey.
TP700 and KP700 are approximately same price as TP177B used to be, only they are much much better.

You can also have a kind of integration with STEP7 Classic and TIA by using a socalled "proxy PLC" in the TIA project. Unfortunately the Proxy PLC does not work with the IM151-8 which is our standard for small-to-medium projects. That is why I have to define tags manually. It does not generate errors by itself, but it does not stop you from typos. And changes in the PLC addresses are not automatically updated in the HMi tags.

I was referring to the price of the software not the hardware :).

Also the tags would just migrate right?

Yes migrating is pretty smooth.

A tip: Since the resolution is in much higher and in widescreen format rather than 4:3, then dont choose keep graphics size (everything becomes tiny), or adjust automatically (everything gets stretched, circles becomes ovals), but choose to scale graphics by a factor 2 in both directions.