Ab 1756-en2t

Arunkumar G

Hai,

When i am updating the firmware for 1756 EN2T, it got disconnected and now it is not connecting through Ethernet as well as USB.

Only OK Red led blinking, Link and Net LED are in off state

Display shows unprotected mode - change switch settings

I tried protected mode by changing 900 in switch and i rebooted again it is going to unprotected mode

I reset the device using 888 in swutch, still the error exists...

Kindly give a solution

Regards,
Arunkumar G

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1756-in603_-en-p.pdf

Page 20:
OK Red LED blinking - recoverable fault - configuration (likely because of the firmware update missing configuration)
Link - OFF - Module not ready to communicate, verify it has power
NET - Module not powered or does not have valid IP

You have a misconfigured module. You lost your config with the firmware update. The other thing is to re-seat the module in the rack. It may have a bad connection.

See page 9. Put the module in a test rack with a dummy hub/switch, set up the IP address, reconfigure the module's IP address, put back into machine.

Last edited: