Simple plc wanted

Jake996688

Hi,
Looking to get a plc that has 8 to 16 inputs and outputs with software that will allow me to play a wav file and/or trigger an output. All suggestions most welcome. Jake

Omron have a voice module. Don't know about playing a wave file though. :confused:

more detail on post

PLucas said:

You want a PLC that will play a .wav file??????? :confused:

Paul
Hi, Looking to build simple home automation/supervision system.
Examples A low temp signal to an input will either play a wav file or trip an output or both. Hope this better explains what i am looking to do. Jake

WAV?

AutomationDirect.com does have a WIN-PLC module for the 205 series, but I don't think it can co-exist with a standard PLC CPU. When all is said and done you might be beter off with an annunciator or autodialier like Raco, that will play a specific recorded message when a specific input is tripped.

I have a PC running Entivity Studio set up to play WAV files that tell the equipment operator that their product is out of spec and various other warnings. Studio is a bit expensive to use for home automation though. ;)