Twido ethernet via twidoport 499TWD01100

Tresco-oz

Does anyone have any experience using the Twido PLC TWDLCAA24DRF with the TwidoPort 499TWD01100 Ethernet adaptor.

We have recently installed 6 Twidos each with a TwidoPort interface on a network to a common Citect SCADA, the comms to each Twido drops-off after a few days of operation, they each drop-off randomly (not all together), they only way to re-establish comms to a failed unit is to power down/up the TwidoPort adaptor.

When the comms has failed to a unit, we can no longer ping the unit - so it does not appear to be just a Citect problem.

If we delete the Citect configuration for one Twido unit, (ie: no Citect comms) & keep this Twido plugged into the network, then we can ping it every day for many weeks & it works ok.

thanks,

This doesn't really help your problem but why did you not go for the TWDLCAE40DRF which has a built in ethernet port?

Are you using a managed switch that connects directly to each one? Is there any high electrical noise equipment in the vicinity?

I recently had a comms problem on some IFS(GE) switches that resulted in 7 out of 16 devices(not PLC related but still over ethernet) connected in a self healing ring configuration going offline, however i could ping the seven that were offline to each other, but not to the 9 that were showing as online. Resetting the power resolved this, but I have a feeling it was either power related or due to network flooding.

When the units go offline do the lights on the front show anything?

Cheers,

Jon.

Found the solution..

http://www.telemecanique.com/__85256f42004e52cf.nsf/all/f51e2c3c6713edeac1257068000f2930?OpenDocument&L=EN&Click=

"Some TwidoPort Bridges built before April 2005 may experience a problem losing their IP address. As a temporary workaround, the IP may be recovered by removing and re-installing the cable that connects the TwidoPort to the Twido PLC. There are instances where recovery of the IP may not be possible and the device has to be replaced."

We ended up getting a firmware update file from Telemecanique, you need to use FTP to load the firmware to the Twidoport

- Phil