RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP - Can't Add Scanner

PMCR

I am trying to test a motion control product and .eds file in RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP.
I am using a CompactLogix L23E QB1B processor, firmware 17.01.
I am using RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP 7.00.00 (CPR 7).

My difficulties seem to be that I can't figure out how to get a Scanner in the Chassis of the CompactLogix system, and then edit the Scan List. I am used to doing this in RSNetworx for DeviceNet, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong in the EIP version.

A screen shot of the chassis config in RXNetworx for EtherNet/IP is included.

Is there any specific 'trick' to being able to edit a Scan List?

ChassisConfig.JPG

For Logix-family controllers using EtherNet/IP and ControlNet, all the connection configuration is done in the I/O tree inside RSLogix 5000.

Only DeviceNet requires the use of a Scanlist editor and RSNetworx software.

The scanlist editor in RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP is used only for third party EtherNet/IP scanner devices.

RSNetworx and RSLinx Classic are sensitive to CPR release mis-matches; I strongly recommend RSLinx Classic 2.55, RSNetworx v10, and RSLogix 5000 v17.01 for use together (all CPR9 SR2).

Ken

Thank you very much for your help.
I did have it working through the I/O tree in RSLogix 5000, but I wanted to test the updated .eds file outside of an Omron configuration package.

I completely understand your response, and appreciate the thorough explanation.