General Overload Question

Oh Cheese, Why you removed my original quote and the question directly to icehube? This is why Trump called fake news!

I didn't remove it, I just didn't add it. I see what I did there :). I mis-read icehube's original quote.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I had only worked on powerflex 40 drives until our last expansion which has the 525....very easy to troubleshoot and work on IMO.

Kind of makes me wonder why most drives have both a FLA setting and an OL setting if you're supposed to set the OL to FLA anyways. Also makes me wonder what the FLA setting does if the OL setting is what actually causes the trip.

Because motor FLA is also used inside of the drive to set other things such as the equivalent circuit for vector control, jam protection, under load trip and the Short Circuit tripping characteristics, but sometimes people want to set the OL condition to be LOWER than the FLA.