Weintek / Maple Systems EBPro Faceplate

mesl

Hi all,

I wanted a 3rd party HMI that could use faceplates and indirect addressing. And I found it!
I use RSLogix 5000 and Omron Sysmac.

I recently purchased a Weintek MT8150XE.
The programming software EasyBuilder Pro has it's quirks, but it's very usable.
I'm still learning, but I wanted to see if I could get a faceplate working first up.

Although EBPro can import UDTs from RSLogix 5000, these can only be directly addressed, which in the case of a faceplate, defeats the purpose of the UDT.
EBPro also cannot import Structures (UDTs) from Sysmac, strangely.

EBPro does however have internal addresses which it calls "Index Registers" (16 x 16bit and 16 x 32bit registers), which can be used to indirectly address arrays.

This does however mean that I had to map these array tags to the UDTs/Structures in the PLC program using AOIs/function blocks.

But once setup, I can now use one faceplate for each UDT in RSLogix 5000 and one faceplate for each Structure in Sysmac, all from the same HMI/project/window.

In EBPro, you can also setup a "Label Library" which can be used to store your descriptions/names/IDs of your instances and indirectly address these too.
Each entry is limited to 256 "states" which you can indirectly address, but you can have multiple entries, if 256 instances of a UDT is not enough.

Here's how I set it up:

PLC tags (imported into EBPro):
Motor_HMI_StartPB - BOOL[512]
Motor_HMI_StopPB - BOOL[512]
Motor_HMI_Running - BOOL[512]
Motor_HMI_Status - DINT[512]

PLC UDT tags:
StartPB - BOOL
StopPB - BOOL
Running - BOOL
Status - DINT

Mapping:

Motor_HMI_StartPB[1] > 111M1.StartPB
Motor_HMI_StopPB[1] > 111M1.StopPB
111M1.Run > Motor_HMI_Running[1]
111M1.Status > Motor_HMI_Status[1]

Motor_HMI_StartPB[2] > 112M1.StartPB
Motor_HMI_StopPB[2] > 112M1.StopPB
112M1.Run > Motor_HMI_Running[2]
112M1.Status > Motor_HMI_Status[2]

In EBPro, I did import a UDT array, however the Index Register only seems to work when the array index is at the end of the address.
Motor_HMI[1].StartPB cannot be indirectly addressed.
Motor_HMI.StartPB[0] can be indirectly addressed.

What would be a great improvement to EBPro software is the following:

• Allow import of UDTs/Structures from all major PLC brands: Rockwell, Siemens, Omron, etc
  • Automatic UDT data type import
  • An "instance" database that is imported with the UDTs. Then the index register can be used to indirectly address this database. This would mean that the UDT can be addressed without the need for the above additional tags/mapping
I hope this helps someone.