Recommended 2nd Tier PLC Platforms

Re programming, I started w/ Structured Text and Sequential Function Chart, since I am an engineer who knew standard languages (Basic, C, ...). I have used Ladder Logic on a few A-B ControlLogix and wonder why most prefer that, but easiest to run with what you know.

Mostly visualisation. A bunch of Boolean conditions tied with And's and Or's looks easier to pick up as electrical schematic (for electrically minded people), than a chain of if's or a single if.

But this can also depend on the person writing the code and how the IDE displays it.

Similar Topics

Out of interest, I'd like some thoughts on what would be considered best practice with regards to a 2-position turntable control scheme (see...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a client that needs to externally control some valves at a small plant, nothing fancy. (for which I just need digital IO)...
Replies
Views
We are going to be using a SIRUS 3RW5545 Soft Start to control a 480V, 150HP fan. Looking for some recommendations for parameters to use with this...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , I'm getting ready to lease a lot of Rockwell Software. I really don't have any desire to go the VM route , just because I'm...
Replies
Views
I wanted to get some opinions and maybe a point in the right direction for products on networking machines for data collection. Im not all that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom