Siemens CP343-1 problem to read remote I/O

cagliostro

Hi All,

this is my first experience with the Siemens CP343-1 Profinet used as I/O Controller for manage ET200M remote I/O.

Here my actual configuration:

Main rack:
1) CPU315/DP
2) 16 x 24 Vdc digital input
3) 16 x 24 Vdc digital output
4) CP343-1 Lean
5) CP343-1

Remote I/O ET200M station

1) IM151
2) 16 Digital In + 16 Digital Out 24 Vdc

PLC code developed with Step7 v5.5

The problem I'm facing is inside PLC program I'm not read or write the I/O in the ET200M remote station.......

The CPU 315 and CP341-1 leds are all OK.....not BF or SF fault, all processors led of RUN are ON.

DUring the compile program download hardware no problem everythings is Ok.

I try also to send a ping to the different unit.... CPU, CP etc. etc. and I get the right answer......

So reading the manual of CP341-1 is not clear to me if I need to use the instruction PNIO_SEND and PNIO_RECV to manage the inputs-outputs in the ET200M, or what I would have expected is possible direcly read the inputs and write the outputs using only the address assigned in the hardware during the setup of ET200M module.

Thanks in advance for your tips

Hi

Assume everything in the HW config is configured right... you only need to use the configured input and output address ranges for your remote I/O to use the remote I/O... same way you address your local I/O card for example i0.5, q0.3.

If you are using Profinet via Ethernet-CP, you need to call the functions PNIO_SEND and PNIO_RECV to get the data from the profinet devices and write data to them.

You can find these functions in the block library under SIMATIC_NET_CP -> CP 300.

It's not as convenient to use as if you've got a PN CPU. If you have configured address 100.0 for an PN-Device input, you'll see the data also in offset 100.0 from the RECV data pointer.
When I have to use Profinet with an Ethernet CP, I map the data into an unused peripheral area, so I can use the data with Ix.y and Qx.y as usual.

Thanks Thomas v2,

you confirm what I expected.

No other way to read and write the remote IO using CP343-1 set as IOController if not to use the PNIO SEND and RECV.

Thanks also to marvin99.

Cheers