FactoryTalk View Studio Communication Setup

aosude99

I'm trying to add a 5069-L320ER CompactLogix 5380 Controller to the communication setup under RsLinx Enterprise. I added the device under Ethernet by selecting the correct module and picking revision 30 because under the controller properties in Logix Designer program it uses 30.11. I give it a name and the correct ip address. It browses and generates those 3 children you see in the picture. My problem is I unable to see the backplane or when I browse I get no results. But I'm able to see on my "Network and Devices". This is my first time adding this "5380", I've done different ones before with success.

Please disregard the name "backplane3" I was just trying out a different name.

image001.png

What Version of FT View are you using? I believe FT View Studio 8.10 or lower doesn't support 5380 or 5370 with version 30 installed it change with 8.20 and up. If your using V30 then I think it needs to be View 9.0. but I could be wrong.

My problem is I unable to see the backplane or when I browse I get no results.

Why do you need "to see the backplane" when configuring a FTV communications Shortcut?

RSLinx Enterprise Shortcuts are pointing to CPU controllers; Logix Backplanes and/or their contents are irrelevant to your particular task.

CompactLogix Ethernet Port(s) are part of the controller object; Add a Shortcut, highlight the 5069-L320ER controller, Apply and then Verify.

Only the ControlLogix CPUs using Ethernet bridges for FTV communications will require Logix Backplane browsing for accessing the controller.