AB Drive Question

mrtweaver

Have an AB drive part number 22A-A4P5N114 Series A

I was told that I can use drive explorer lite along with 1203-SSS or 1203-USB to control and program said drive.

Have acquired 1203-SSS, which contains the cables 1203-SFC and 1203-C10. The one cable of course seems to go between the laptop and the 1203-SSS, however the other cable seems to be an 8 pin mini din and well the connection on the drive seems to the RJ45 type plug. So either I am doing something wrong or forgot to order the proper cable. Have sent sales rep a question about it and thus far no answer. So I thought I would post here and see what info can be gleened.

Also have tried the hyperterminal test with the 1203-SSS but alas does not talk to hyperterminal. I feel I followed all the steps one at a time but still nothing.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.