Mitsubishi SSCNET and MDS-A Drives

NevisGroup

Once again I am trying to figure out a protocol.
I have a machine tool with Mitsubishi controls on it. The drives are MDS-A series drives. I think that they are SSCNET but I can not find any info on these drives. Mitsubishi only has info in passing. My guess is that they were used only with the MELDAS controls for machine tools.

My job is to try to get a modern controller to run these drives. Before I go and tell the customer to junk the machine I thought I would give this a try.

If I can find so info on these drives and the SSCNET protocol I could try to save the machine with an embedded PC.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Topics

I am looking to replace a 2 speed motor with a Servo Motor. Mitsubishi HC-KFS43 servo, MR-J2S-40B Servo Amplifier. I am told I need a Q series PLC...
Replies
Views
In this sample programming, what does U4 mean? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project with a R04CPU, RD77GF16 and a RJ71PN92 modules. The cell is given to me to change the program since the previous integrator...
Replies
Views
Hello I am writing to request assistance with obtaining a specific GSD file for our Mitsubishi inverter type A800-E, which is connected to our...
Replies
Views
Hi all, anyone does have experience in Gx Works 2? Currently I having an issue which is when certain device added from MELSOFT Navigator and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom