RSEmulate 5 problems ...

Kim Gold

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the following problem with RSEmulate 5 version 5.00.05 (originally version 5.00.03):

When I try to start it I get a message saying "This program has preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

Note: It was originally working fine, but I have not used it for a few weeks.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the software. I have tried removing and reinstalling the activation. I have tried upgrading to the latest version. I have tried booting up my computer in safe mode (Windows 98), but none seam to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rsemulate 5a.jpg

Kim

I do not know or use the specific software that you are using, but a quick search of BillGates's Empire.Com came up with the following:

SYMPTOMS
If you are using Windows 95 or Windows 98, you may receive the following error message:
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
When you click Details, you may receive the following error message:
Program caused an invalid page fault in module module name at memory address.
After you click OK, the program shuts down.

If you are using Windows Millennium Edition (Me), you may receive the following error message:
Program has caused an error in module name.
Program will now close.
If you continue experiencing problems,
try restarting your computer.
To view the details, press ALT+D, or open the Faultlog.txt file in the Windows folder.
CAUSE
This error message can occur for any of the following reasons:
· An unexpected event has occurred in Windows. An "invalid page fault" error message often indicates that a program improperly attempted to use random access memory (RAM). For example, this error message can occur if a program or a Windows component reads or writes to a memory location that is not allocated to it. When this behavior occurs, the program can potentially overwrite and corrupt other program code in that area of memory.
· A program has requested data that is not currently in virtual memory, and Windows attempts to retrieve the data from a storage device and load it into RAM. An "invalid page fault" error message can occur when Windows cannot locate the data. This behavior often occurs when the virtual memory area becomes corrupted.
· The virtual memory system has become unstable because of a shortage of physical memory (RAM).
· The virtual memory system has become unstable because of a shortage of free disk space.
· The virtual memory area is corrupted by a program.
· A program is attempting to access data that is being modified by another program that is running.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, identify when the error message first occurred. Also, determine if you recently made changes to the computer, for example, you installed software or changed the hardware configuration.

Use a clean boot troubleshooting procedure to help you identify the cause of the error message.

For additional information about the clean boot procedure, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q243039 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 95
Q192926 How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
Q267288 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows Millennium Edition
For additional information about reducing graphics hardware acceleration, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q263391 Money: How to Change the Graphics Hardware Acceleration Setting in Windows

Hope this is of some assistance to you

Paul

I want to agree with the last post and give my own experience. I am no computer expert but I had similar error and others including inabilitie to comunicate with processor and loss of comunication during simulation. I happened to notice that it all occured right after I installed autoCad which about filled my little hard drive so I moved autocad to another computer and now all RS programs run fine. Good luck! Robby

Just a followup.
I finally got RSEmulate 5 working.
I renamed the file "WINEMU5.INI" in directory "C:\WINDOWS".
When I started RSEmulate 5 it created a new file when it found "WINEMU5.INI" missing and everything is now working fine.

need rsemulate 5 software whithout activation disk

hi

i need rsemulate 5.( whthout Activation disk) only software
plz guide me how can I download it?and which site?
would you send it to my mail
plz
[email protected]