Log DB data from a S7 PLC with MPI

bibistick

Hello everybody,

I'm searching to log DB data using labview from a Siemens S7 PLC,

The problem is that the PLC don't have any Ethernet port and my MPI card is an PCMCIA card, so I haven't found a third party OPC server to do this.

I've tried to use the simaticlib COM object : I can list my project and the online blocks of my project, but no way to read data from blocks.

If anyone have a solution.

Thankyou

I dont know that simaticlib COM object you mention.
But I know for sure that Simatic Softnet Profibus S7 will work with the CP5511 and CP5512 cards. With this you can setup an OPC connection.

I've tried to setup an OPC Server with sofnet but, it can only with my CP5512 card in profibus mode.
The target system is a C7-613 (based on S7-300 CPU 313C), but it only have a MPI connector, and no profibus, no RS232.

I take it the OPC server is running on another PC, the one with the PCMCIA card.

Does this PC have an RS232 or USB port, if so you can use the MPI cable with either a serial link or USB connection to connect to the C7

Kepware do an OPC server for the RS232 MPI cable and were working on one for the USB cable last year. I have used this with both S7-300 and s7-400 systems and found no major problems.

INAT make a compatible cable which performs faster and is cheaper than the Siemens one