Some questions about Siemens Coros OP25

zanor

I just got my hands on a Siemens Coros OP25 but I have no idea on how to program it...
After reading on this site I found out that I must use Protools(?)
Does anyone have a manual for ths device? Tried searching the Siemens website but I could not find the manual for OP25 but just about every other device :(
How do I connect this to a Siemens S7 200 (CPU 222) PLC? (anyone have a wiring diagram?)
How do I connect this to a PC for programming? (Wiring diagram anyone?)

Thanks!

The OP25 do indeed need to be programmed with the Protool software package. The OP25 old now, but probably fully functional. I wouldnt use it for a new project, but it is OK for learning on.

It can connect to the S7-200 via PPI protocol.
You probably do NOT need to consider Profibus.

Thanks for the answers!

But how do I connect the OP25 to my computer for programming?
This PPI cable between the PLC and OP25 is this just as simple as connecting pin 3 and pin 8 on both devices? (+shield)?