Slc 5/03 Communication Question

PERSPOLIS

HI EXPERTS

When I connect SLC processor 5/03 through 1747-pic using laptop communication ok and DH-485 led is on solid. Today I used null modem cable using RS 232 communication protocol without any problem but I noticed both led DH 485 and RS 232 are flashing is this normal?
What is the status of both led?.
Thanks experts

Seems normal... The 485 LED is flashing because it is trying to establish communications:
[attachment]
You can (and should) download the manual HERE

beerchug

-Eric

commleds.gif

null modem

HI DENMAN

There is not any particular reason , my co-worker told me another alternative method for communication so I wanted to explore and to prove it for myself so I had a null modem cable I tried and worked fine.
1747-PIC is the most popular device for slc 500 processors communication purposes as far as I know .
Operating system is MS Windows Me.
I hope this will help.

Last edited: