Inductive Automation Questions on Restore

mrtweaver

First I wanted to ask about the Backup/Restore option in FSQL. I have tried this twice and both times on seperate machines, running the same version, which I think is 4.1.2 it does the same thing. If you click on the backup button and just type in a name for the backup it saves the backup as that name with no file extention. So now if you try to do a restore it says that this file is not a valid file. I was thinking of just adding the .FDB to the file but was unsure if this would work. Any ideas?

Second is more geared toward the restore function. Why is it when I try to restore a project it comes up with the error, RESTORE FAILED. With the explaination The file is in use by another process. I have written to Travis about this and he suggested I copy the file to another folder and try again. I did this and I get the same error message. Ihave tried it under different drives, different folders, changing the name, and still I get the same error message. Is there something that locks a file? If so how do I unlock it? Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you and may everyone have a great holiday.

Can you post a print screen of the exact error window? If you back up the system, it has a fdb file extension, and if you back up just the project, it has a fsp extension. Are you sure you backed up the system as opposed the backing up the project?

It is during the restore of the system. When you open up that menu and you scroll down to Backup/Restore. The first items on that menu are backup system, restore system. When I choose backup system and just gave it a name it save the file as that name with any file extentions. However since we recently put this software on a server and got it running properly I save all the files. So in the order, at least what I was told, you restore the system then you import the project. Would you say this is correct?

Well every time I try to restore the system the following screen come up.

So I am unable to restore the system settings. And I can not understand why.

ghettofreeryder said:
Can you post a print screen of the exact error window? If you back up the system, it has a fdb file extension, and if you back up just the project, it has a fsp extension. Are you sure you backed up the system as opposed the backing up the project?