WinCC Flexible Tag Number Display

Hayzed1

Hello everybody, I am working with a (relatively) new software package, WinCC Flexible 2005 (Replacement HMI Software for ProTool).

I am pulling a tag from a 315-2DP Siemens PLC, which is a Real number displaying the weight.

The number formats in the WinCC Flexible only shows a "999999" format, but I would like to have a comma when the "thousands" are finished (i.e. 99,999 or 9,999). I can't seem to get this to work.

Has anyone had experience with this? I am pulling from an MD if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Hayzed1

I know you can do decimal places but I don't see any way for ,s. If all else fails you could call a script on change and insert the ,s and return it as a string for display. If you come up with another way please post it.

Hi.

All you have to do is to write what format you want. So if you want a number to have the following format 785.78, you just write in the I/O Fields format property 'Format pattern' 999.99. Hope this helps you.

/Stefan

No, it is not the decimal point that Hayzed1 is talking about (I thought too at first).
He wants to display values like this:

etc.

sounds like a job for a script called on change of value...
convert int to string and use mid function to group into groups of 3 then add comma's

Resurrected thread warning !

Anyway, I dont think the splitting of the value into thousands with commas is reason enough to write a script. To my opinion scripts shall be avoided unless there is a very good reason.

oops....
Why do people restart old threads? Surely search for your answer then create new thread if required...

Jesper .... I agree with whatyou say about scripts but sometimes the customer is a pain and wants stuff like he is asking for