CompactLogix L27ERM-QBFC1B and Spectrum 1769sc-IF8U

bbishop108

Greetings everyone, hope the day finds you well. So I am working on a project where I will be using 16 Type J Thermocouples, as such I found this particular Analog Module from Spectrum Controls. Now I do not have ANY experience with configuring a PLC for using TC's as such I do not know how to configure these specific modules. I did find the manual from Spectrum Controls and as I am working thru it, I don't seem to have the data tags configured correctly as I am not receiving any temp data from a single TC.

I am currently just testing one TC to confirm whether or not I can get it to work before I connect 16 of these. Working thru the manual, I currently have all the TC's enabled even though I am using only one. Would this be a reason why I am not receiving temp data or do I need to be looking elsewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sorry I have not responded sooner, work sometimes gets in the way of work!!! Thanks for this info, I have not had a chance to review this yet. If I have more questions about it then I will post them here! Thanks

Most Spectrum Controls products come with Rockwell Technical Support at no cost. You can use the link below to get the phone number and make sure that you use the phone tree to get the proper route. If needed just tell the person that this is a Spectrum Controls product and they should help you without needing your own Tech Connect contract. There is also a Knowledge Base and Tech Notes on the page that might give you the information you need.
https://www.spectrumcontrols.com/support/product-support/