PID Loop (DL06 PLC)

phasor

I was trying to use the dummy approach first, but you guys are rough.. Anyway... I know what Proportional Integral Derivative loop is mathematically and how it works conceptually ok. I also know that for the application I want, I will only need the Proportionality part of the PID, I want to use the Loop to help me read pressure and temperature from sensors. The pressure sensor/transmitter is a WIKA brand that reads Vacuum up to -30inHg and pressure up to 30psig; it has three-wire connection with a fourth wire for a shielded connection.
my set point for the pressure sensor will be -5inHg therefore the output of my loop should be 0 correct?
How can I program the PID loop using the DirectSOFT32 software from Automation Direct? this is what I did so far: Algorithm: Positional, Forward acting; Transfer mode: bumpless I;config: 12-bit bipolar common format; the problem is what format do I write the tuning part for the gain/bias

Last edited:
Ok, then since you have shown that you know a bit, here is a good tutorial on using the AD PID loop.

http://support.automationdirect.com/tutorials/pid_trainer.pps

And along with that comes the example programs portion of the ADC website.

http://support.automationdirect.com/examples.html

To answer your questions see page 8-8 of the Users manual for the plc family you are using. It lists all of the data formats and memory addresses for each part of the PID. Eg Gain, Setpoint, PV, etc...

BTW, I would venture that you really want Bumpless II.