Can you open and edit PIDE Function Blocks with RS Logix 5000 Standard ?

Good Morning ,

I opened a RS Logix 5000 Oven Program and took notice of about 11 PIDE Function Blocks that are grayed out , and I cannot open them. I have RS Logix 5000 Standard Edition. Is this the reason I cannot open them ? If so ,
which version would I need , professional ?

Thanks in advance ,

If I was going to purchase the full edition , would I need to pay full price , since I already have the standard version ? It seems like the software would just fill in , what the Standard Version does not have ?

Rslogix5000 std installs all the different language editors, only as you have found they are locked, until you part with much cash in exchange for a rockwell serial number to unlock them - I would sit down before they tell you how much it will cost :)

Steve