ControlNet addressing

I had a question regarding addressing. I already have a network where there are two nodes. The main controller is a ControlLogix L62 that has a PLC-5 as remote and another controlLogix chassis as a remote. I need to add three new VFDs. I am thinking of adding the new VFDs between the PLC-5 chassis and controlLogix chassis due to cable restrictions. Doing this, will that cause any issues with addressing in the PLC? AAccording to the program the address of the PLC-5 is node 2 and controlLogix is node 3. If I go ahead and add the VFDs between the two chassis, can the chassis nodes be the same and the three new VFDs be 4, 5 and 6?

Thanks,

If I go ahead and add the VFDs between the two chassis, can the chassis nodes be the same and the three new VFDs be 4, 5 and 6?
The physical order of the nodes is not an issue.

In any case you'll need to re-schedule the network and that implies to switch the controllers to program mode.

It doesn't mater where you insert the VFDs as long their communications adapters carry unique node numbers.

In your particular application it seems that the PLC5 has the lowest node number (#2) hence it is the Keeper of the ControlNet network; the Keeper is the device which keeps and enforces the CNet network topology and its Schedule; you will have to run, reconfigure and re-schedule using RSNetworx for ControlNet connected to the PLC5.

Thanks very much for resolving my hesitation.

The lowest order is actually #1 which is the module inserted in the ControlLogix itself. I understand the controller having to go in to Program mode to reschedule the network. My main concern was the physical order of nodes/devices, which is not a concern anymore!