VMware version

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm setting up a new laptop and want to use VMware for all the different plc manufacturers.
I'm not sure what version of VMware I need. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the workstation pro and workstation pro player

See Comparison table here:

https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-pro.html

One thing I noticed is that Workstation Pro lets you run multiple VM's at once. Workstation Player does not. For me personally this is important because I have to run multiple VM's at once.

I have run up to 3 VM's at once. They are not show as one tab but three, never the less, you can run them anyway.

Just FYI.....these used to be called "Workstation" and "Player". A lot of us still refer to them that way.

Snapshots are the single biggest reason (for me) to use Workstation over Player. I use them all the time and can not use Player without that capability.

OG

Why not consider VirtualBox? I use it for all my virtual machines including my company server hosting email and file sharing.

Just FYI.....these used to be called "Workstation" and "Player". A lot of us still refer to them that way.

Snapshots are the single biggest reason (for me) to use Workstation over Player. I use them all the time and can not use Player without that capability.

OG

This is excellent advice. Snapshots are the single biggest get out jail card there is.