FTVS ME Alarm Trigger Error

JZerb

Im trying to setup some Alarms to trigger and display on the PVP at the same time. So i believe i set it up right in FTVS, but apparently i keep getting an Error and i have not a clue where it could be coming from. it reads "Cannot Interpret Area". i searched some and read it could be FTVS way of saying that there is a Syntax error with my direct reference tag setup, but i dont see what that could be. The only tag in the FTVS project is the one you can see here, [PLC]N7:0, im making sure i know how to get multiple alarms to trigger and display on a test environment before i go and try it on a larger project. ill let the pictures do the explaining, itll be better then me doing it myself.

alarms3.jpg alarms2.jpg alarms1.jpg alarms4.jpg

Last edited:
not sure if restarting FTVS did it or rebooting my VM, but the Error message has since gone away. :confused:

Your alarm setup looks correct. Can you throw a numeric display on a display using the same N7:0 and see if it works? Use the tag browser, that's an easy way to know you are communicating correctly to the PLC. The activation shouldn't be an issue, however, the grace period is only 7 days.