TIA 1500 TCON to Zebra printer problem

userxyz

Hi,

We have a Zebra GK420d printer that we can control with a ASCII string from PUTTY on a laptop. Phase 1 okay :). Phase 2 is doing the same from a TIA 1500 CPU.

So we tried this by using TCON, TSEND, TRCV blocks.

The problem we have is that we get status 7000 or status 7002. Connecting doesn't work. When we check diagnostics we see a online connection with different connections than what we have configured offline while we have downloaded everything (All Software). Or can we download the connections somewhere in TIA like we do in NetPro ?

Any suggestions about TCON ?

We testen with TIA v15 btw.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Offline we have zero for the CPU and port 3000 for the partner, online we something different ???

3.jpg

I agree with Jirr, that is one problem.

Also local port 2000 and remote 0, is surely not what you want. Did you MRES after changing the settings of target port to 3000?
(it is just a DB, so if you configured it without the port the first time and then changed it it could have set the initial value to 3000, but the actual stayed the same.. maybe)

Last edited:
I've been playing with UDP (not the same, I know) and noticed that there is something funky with the way it seems to work.

Did you pass an IP address structure into the TCON block and if so is that correct? I believe I found that you had to set up the connection and also match the IP and Port on those.

Hello,

Everything is passed correct to TCON block, including right IP and port. Also active connection establishement is enabled. But we see a difference between TCON settings(DB) and online connection..

TSEND_C and TRCV_C

Hi all,

We retested the complete thing in a different way as a new test.

1. We connected the Printer to hyperterminal, when we send ~HI, then a Zebra printer answers with some device information.

2. We used the TSEND_C and TRECV_C and did a TCP connection from port 2000 to port 3000. In the zebra we have port 3000 setted.

Now test, when we TSEND_C an array of 100 chars. First 3 have ~HI.
We have status 7004 on the Send block and 7006 on the receive. So this looks good.

One trigger... no data received... clockbit on the Send block... we do receive the device info now, but our array of 100 on the Receive side is completely filled with device info that is copied multiple times. When we enter that the data string is a fixed length of 37 byte's, than we receive the device info right in our DB and all other array registers are left empty...

So we need to send multiple times before we receive the info... that is not the case when we send ~HI from the hyperterminal...

So we have progress, but :)

Kind regards,
G

hi all,

we retested the complete thing in a different way as a new test.

1. We connected the printer to hyperterminal, when we send ~hi, then a zebra printer answers with some device information.

2. We used the tsend_c and trecv_c and did a tcp connection from port 2000 to port 3000. In the zebra we have port 3000 setted.

Now test, when we tsend_c an array of 100 chars. First 3 have ~hi.
We have status 7004 on the send block and 7006 on the receive. So this looks good.

One trigger... No data received... Clockbit on the send block... We do receive the device info now, but our array of 100 on the receive side is completely filled with device info that is copied multiple times. When we enter that the data string is a fixed length of 37 byte's, than we receive the device info right in our db and all other array registers are left empty...

So we need to send multiple times before we receive the info... That is not the case when we send ~hi from the hyperterminal...

So we have progress, but :)

kind regards,
g

did u solve this problem ? I faced same problem can u help me please