Is this a Siemens built system?
I used to work for a company called Marshall and Williams
Any chance this is one of those?
haha

Since you are retrofitting this-
I would get rid of USS and just use profibus
If you want to talk real details- PM me

Last edited:
I will get the exact part #'s when I go back to the plant.. Maybe they just wired in the Profibus to the drives and didn't use it.. I am not sure about that.. I know that they have Profibus and USS going to the drives via hardware.. I could dig into the code to see what they are doing sometime..

Similar Topics

My PLC (S7-1200 with CPU-1212C) has now been delivered to customer site. They've asked me to do some updates to the software. I can do that on my...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for someone that may have a download file of TIA Portal V14 and 15. I have a customer that has 2 PLCs on is a 1212C with firmware 4.5...
Replies
Views
I have a db that must be optimised due to the size of the data in it. I would LOVE to switch to non optimized but then the db max size limit is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a PLC programmed in TIA Portal V12. HMI for this system was also created with V12 but it broke and I was forced to upgrade project...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Is there an equivalent library available for Tia Portal? I have an S7-1500 project I need to get up and running quickly . In particular...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom