GE Fanuc "CALL" function problem

pambridge

I have programmed a GE-Fanuc 90-30 PLC with a 313CPU.
This is the first time I have programmed a Fanuc PLC and the first time I have used Cimplicity logic developer.

The problem I have is with the "CALL" function.

In the top of the picture I have attached, you can see that I am using the CALL, and it should only CALL the "Enable" block if C160 (Master Interlock) contact is closed.

Therefore when I CALL the "Enable" block then, coil C161 in the Enable block will energise (see bottom of attached pic).

The problem is when I don't CALL the enable block ie, when the contact C160 is open, the block I'm calling still seems to be active, as coil C161 and its respective contacts are still energised. Surely if I don't CALL this block then all the coils and there respective contacts in this block should be inactive.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way so that when I don't CALL a block then all its coils and respective contacts are not active?

Thanks.

call.gif

When the logic controlling the CALL instruction is false, the CALL is not executed. All coil instructions within the CALLed block will maintain their states. That is, if they were ON during the last CALL, they will remain ON. If they were OFF during the last CALL, they will remain OFF.

What you seem to want can be done with a MCR/ENDMCR pair of instructions.