looking for counting scale with output to plc

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello

Im looking for a counting scale that has an output that I can send to plc. We are packing 18 parts per box. Weight is about .8 lbs per part so I know a scale will work. I have searched for a while but havent found one that will give me an output. Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

Control Systems Engineering out of Tennessee has an in-motion scale we use for case fill verification. It uses ethernet comms but they may have other options if you are not using e-net.

Their number is 901-867-8500.

It would be simple to put the counting of the parts in a PLC.
Any scale with 4-20 mA output will do. A small PLC with a small HMI will do. The programming will be trivial.
It will probably be cheaper than getting a dedicated scale with counting functionality. Besides, I have never heard about such a scale before.