PointIO weird issue

There's nothing mysterious here: the missing step is defining those 1734-IB8 modules in the Studio 5000 I/O tree.

You can choose to make a Direct connection, or a Rack Optimized connection that updates at the same time as all the other discrete modules in that POINT Adapter.

But you have to insert those module objects in Studio 5000 in order to get tags whose values actually correspond to the input terminals.

The tags will be of the format "SH20:1:I.x" and "SH20:2:I.x, not the POINT chassis placeholder tag "SH20:I.Data[0].x" and "SH20:I.Data[1].x"

Why Logix 5000 makes those placeholder tags for the POINT module at all, I do not know. It's been a nuisance for as long as Rack Optimization has existed for remote chassis on ControlNet or EtherNet/IP (1998 or so).

Oh! I think this is the ticket! I just left work but will hop on at home and I think we have a winner. Thank you everyone for your input!

Confirmed! It was that I forgot to create the individual input cards underneath the PointIO module....

Funny thing is, I had TechConnect WebEx into help and the guy was stumped...I even had him look at another ControlLogix where the PointIO was working properly....we both totally missed it.

I love this forum so much, thank you all!