Referencing Program tags

darkmxhp

I was looking at a Studio5000 PLC file as reference, and noticed the "standard" for this job used was using program tags for each program folder, but it was also using this program tags outside of this scope inother program folders. I was surprised since I did not know you could do this. To do this you have to type the tag with a backslash + name of program folder + dot + local tag name, like this:

\Sys.Auto

if its a safety local tag it would be \sSys.Auto.

My question would be, does anyone know what manual or part of the rockwell literature I can read more about this topic, was this a recent feature added or has it always been there?

Similar Topics

I was looking at a Studio5000 PLC file as reference, and noticed the "standard" for this job used was using program tags for each program folder...
Replies
Views
I was looking at a Studio5000 PLC file as reference, and noticed the "standard" for this job used was using program tags for each program folder...
Replies
Views
Hello, first time poster here! A belated "thank you" for the direction I've already received from this forum! So, can I do this? Move value 1...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a questions to the Mitsubishi guys about signal and module addresses. I’m coming from Siemens and Rockwell background, however...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a questions to the Mitsubishi guys about signal and module addresses. I’m coming from Siemens and Rockwell background, however...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom