Micro800 Module addressing

john eby

I am using a 2080 Ob4 4 bit output module in a Micro820 AllenBradley.
I can write to each bit individually, but is there any way I can write a byte to the slot number like I could do with 500 or 5000 software, to avoid having to do 4 separate instructions. ( I am using the outputs as a 4 bit binary number that is the address of an external device and it would be so much better to just write the whole byte) Sorry I am just now learning CCW .

Check out Aliasing. I created an empty CCW project (in v12) with an 820 and an OB4 plug-in module. The plug-in module's outputs are IO_P1_DO_00 thru 03. I then created a tag called OutputByte of type BYTE. I then added an alias to the _IO_P1_DO_00 thru 03 tags tying them to bits in OutputByte. I don't have an 820 to test it with, but the project built with no errors or warnings, so it's worth trying. You would then write to OutputByte in your code.

Micro820_OB4.JPG