IFM I/O Link AL1122 Splitter issues

Karinrinkashi

Hello everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well through summer and staying hydrated. I am going through a sort of a mysterious issue. We are using some prox sensors which go to an IFM I/O Link AL1122. Two prox switches go to one input port with a splitter on the sensor end and single M12 going to the port.

But only the A side prox sensors are getting the power and detecting parts while B side are completely dead. Also, even though the A side prox switches are powered and they detect the parts, we do not see any input coming into the AL1122 ports because no input lights blink.

I have checked the configuration of the ports inside the Studio 5000 and I have checked cable connections.

The odd part is that we have been using dual sensors with split cables (not splitters) on this AL1122 since forever. All that changed is that we got different type of sensors and now we have y splitters. Before the cable itself was a split cable with 2 sensor ends and a single m12 end which would go into the AL1122. Now we have two different prox sensors but each with an individual cable going into a splitter and the splitter connected to the AL1122 m12 port cable.

Any ideas would be much appreciated because I am not even sure what the correct wording would be to search this problem on google or other forums.

regards,
Karin

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that particular hardware, but have used input blocks with y-splitters before. I would get an old & working splitter/cable arrangement and put it next to a new & not working arrangement and ring out the pins. It sounds very much like there's a conflict there. You can also get datasheets that show the pinouts so you can figure out what's going wrong.

I'm not familiar with that particular hardware, but have used input blocks with y-splitters before. I would get an old & working splitter/cable arrangement and put it next to a new & not working arrangement and ring out the pins. It sounds very much like there's a conflict there. You can also get datasheets that show the pinouts so you can figure out what's going wrong.

OK, thank you. I think that will be a good start. I will start there. I hope it is that simple.