FTView ME Get OPC Server Status Indication

japz1987

Hello All, using FactoryTalk View Machine Edition v11.

Does anybody know if there's a way to get a status bit to monitor connection to an OPC Server (Kepserver)?

I want to animate or trigger something in the HMI screen when comms are down with the server but I can't find a way to do it.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

So it's FTView ME running on an ordinary Windows host, not on a PanelView Plus or similar hardware, and using KepServer to provide some or all of its source data ?

Is the KepServer installation on a remote PC, or on the same host as the FTView ME ?

And to be clear: you want to indicate or log when there's a failure of the OPC connection between FTView ME as the client, and Kepware as the server. You're not asking about the status of the connection to the PLC itself, or the quality of a particular tag.

I'm just asking for clarification. I know what I'd use in FactoryTalk Linx (which would also show up in the ordinary FactoryTalk Diagnostic Object), but I'm not familiar with all the built-in topics in KepServer.

Hello! Thanks for your response.

Yes, it's running on a Win7 Panel PC. Kepserver is running on the same host.

I want to know when the OPC connection to Kepserver is down to trigger a .BAT script to stop and restart the Kepserver Runtime Service. We've been having issues where Kepserver suddently loses the License status and enters its regular 2-hour trial period, after that, all tags coming from there go bad on the HMI.
I already tested the script and I'm triggering it with a local variable an the ME Program Launcher ActiveX control, but I wanted to know if there's like a status bit among system tags or something I could use as indicator that OPC connection has gone bad and trigger the ActiveX.