Studio 5000 Logix - CLX Rack I/O - Series and Version

AREDA

Hi All,

While building the offline project for CLX 5580 with 1756 Rack I/O, I noticed that there is a field for "Series" and "Version" for some of the modules, e.g. 1756-IB32.
Is the version reflecting the firmware, or is this a sub-level to the hardware Series?
And what happens if the module is to be replaced with another one from a different series (e.g. Series B instead of Series A)?

Thanks and regards,

A. Reda

Check out "electronic keying". It's set to "compatible" by default, which means that any module of the same type that's at least as new as what's shown in the project will work. You can also select "exact", which means everything has to match (even the serial number?) or "disabled". For most cases, compatible keying is sufficient. If you're concerned about spares going forward and you're not using any newer features, you can select an older version of the module than what you have and use compatible keying. That way, any replacement will work.

Check out "electronic keying". It's set to "compatible" by default, which means that any module of the same type that's at least as new as what's shown in the project will work. You can also select "exact", which means everything has to match (even the serial number?) or "disabled". For most cases, compatible keying is sufficient. If you're concerned about spares going forward and you're not using any newer features, you can select an older version of the module than what you have and use compatible keying. That way, any replacement will work.
Ace! Thanks Joseph.