How to set PLC date and time on Panel view plus 6 HMI.

Hii everyone,

I am having panel view plus 6 HMI I need to add date and time in Both plc and HMI.

I know it's basic thing, Please help me to solve the problem.

HMI : Panel view plus 6
HMI software : Ftview ME
PLC: micrologix 1400
PLC software : rslogix 500

That video shows a Logix 5000 PLC instead of a MicroLogix, so I'm not sure how helpful that will be. The ML1400 does not have an internal clock, unlike the SLC 5/xx series that store the real time clock data (date & time) in registers S2:37-42. The ML1400 also does not support STI (timed interrupt) routines, so you would have to implement your own clock with timers, but it won't be super accurate over the long term.

The PV+ 6 does have its own real time clock in its operating system that you can access in the runtime application. If you go into the "Global Connections" and select the "Date and Time" tab, you can set the PV+ to write its internal clock values to the PLC via the "Year", "Month", etc. connections. To change the PV+ system time, you would use the "Remote..." connections from the PLC. Click the "Help" button to see how to set that up. You may also be able to use internal tags in the "Remote..." connections to avoid the PLC being involved in that part, but I would prefer to use the PLC to validate the data entered to make sure it's a valid date (like you're not trying to set it to February 31 or something). The PV+ probably would just reject an invalid setting, but I like to be doubly sure.

?

Sure it does. See the instruction set reference manual, page 68 for how to access it.

Holy cow...I didn't see it in the status file (where it is on the other 500 class processors) and figured it didn't exist. I see the STI routine there too. That makes things different.

For the OP:
Link your PV+ global tags to the addresses shown in that manual so they're synchronized. I'm not sure which one I'd let be the master...probably the PLC since it seems easier to me to change the time in it than the PV+.