Stack Lights

I was curious about this myself for one of my projects and I searched for a while but I couldn't find any. Maybe order some kind of labels and wrap them around stacklight elements. Then when the stacklight element is lit, the operator knows that that particular message (label) is active. It depends how long the message is, and whether it would fit and be readable.

Last edited:
It will only be visible from one direction, but how about a scrolling LED display under the stacklight?

AutoDir ViewMarq

It needs to be around the size of a standard stack light 75mm or slightly larger it has to mount on a square tube that supports the Panelview and some point IO.
A coworker thought he had seen one somewhere but we have not been able to find anything.

Last edited:
It needs to be around the size of a standard stack light 75mm or slightly larger it has to mount on a square tube that supports the Panelview and some point IO.
A coworker thought he had seen one somewhere but we have not been able to find anything.

The only thing I have seen that might be what he saw was a flexible LED display for an Arduino that could wrap around a stacklight base

The other option is tear apart one of the ViewMarq's and wrap the display around a light

Hmmmm.....

Factories with American Hilo drivers and a moving display.

And, don't think that because it's on top of a control panel a Hilo wont hit it.

By industrialize, I meant make it smaller, enclosed, and with a reliable 100% duty cycle motor. No less forklift proof than any other stacklight.

This may not fit the OP's needs but I was thinking of using something like this for one of my projects:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C48TJ3S8/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Rayhome Mini LED Car Sign,6.7''x2.76''Flexible LED Matrix Panel USB 5V Bluetooth Application Control DIY Programmable Scrolling LED Sign

The seller says it retains memory of whatever message was programmed after power cycle. So I was thinking of using a few of these, programming them with messages, then wiring so that PLC output can power them on if there is a particular alarm/machine state.

This may not fit the OP's needs but I was thinking of using something like this for one of my projects:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C48TJ3S8/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Rayhome Mini LED Car Sign,6.7''x2.76''Flexible LED Matrix Panel USB 5V Bluetooth Application Control DIY Programmable Scrolling LED Sign

The seller says it retains memory of whatever message was programmed after power cycle. So I was thinking of using a few of these, programming them with messages, then wiring so that PLC output can power them on if there is a particular alarm/machine state.

That would be good except we wanted to be able to have at least 2 different messages.