Desiccant Canister for Electrical Cabinets

alive15

Good morning, we have a lot of coolant mist around our machines and sometimes the fans on the drives inside our electrical cabinets will suck the mist in and eventually disintegrate any plastic. Would throwing in one of these canisters help any? I think the best idea would be to install an A/C unit with a filter or pressurize the panel with 2-5 psi of compressed air to keep anything from getting inside, but for temporary purposes, I was thinking of using this canister or the bag versions.

The canisters would likely not help. The A/C unit is about the only option. Pressurizing a panel even at low pressure is not a good idea unless the panel is designed to be pressurized; most panels are not.

If the mist enters inside, it means that the cabin does not close well.

It would be good a little positive pressure, about 4 inches of water column would be enough, for example with a small fan that brings air from outside through a pipe and a filter.

An air conditioning unit does not ensure that there is positive pressure and if this mist affects the interior fans, it can also affect those of the air conditioning unit.

I've installed numerous pneumatic vortex coolers in panels due to bad maintenance causing expensive part replacement. They have worked well. Exair

I am no expert on that, but I would re-examine the dehumidification (7 syllables :D)
effectiveness of the pneumatic cooler. I really like the concept of introducing piped-in filtered outside air, under just fan pressure, and possibly venting the enclosure out.

we have used plant air at approx. 2.5 inside multiple enclosures.
YOU MUST use a 5 micron coalesent filter to get rid of any plant oil or it will be a mess and damage the electronics. My plant project engineer ignored me and we had oil everywhere and ruined a panelview display, and other pieces of equipment.
james