Rockwell Knowledgebase Access

I_Automation

Lifetime Supporting Member
I received an email from Rockwell that reads in part:
Rockwell Automation has released Product Notice 2023-04-002 - Studio 5000 Logix Designer V31 through V35 Ladder Diagram Routines May Stop Execution After Download
You are receiving this notification because you have been identified as a potential user of one or more of these products.
Summary - This Product Notice informs you of a potential anomaly that exists with Studio 5000 Logix Designer®. Studio 5000 Logix Designer software versions V31.00.00 through V35.00.01 ladder diagram routines may stop execution after download to ControlLogix® 5580, GuardLogix® 5580, CompactLogix ™ 5380, 5480 and Compact GuardLogix® 5380 controllers. The anomaly occurs following the execution of a specific series of software actions.

Details of this notification, including corrective actions, can be found in Knowledgebase ID PN1620/1139086.

But when I go to read it I only get a Sign In To Read screen, even if I'm signed in already (which I never sign out)

It shows as for Everyone, so does anyone here know what the "specific series of software actions" are in all the L80's that kills them?

I followed your link out of curiosity and it showed "login required to view full answer content"
Right, but I'm always logged in and if I login there it goes right back to that login needed page in an endless loop.

Plus if I am logged in and go to any other KB article I can access it, but search for that one by the number it only goes to the same login screen, so it's not just a bad link in the email from Rockwell.

I never log out, either. But I have to sign in every time I visit the KB even if I check the box to remain signed in. I used the link in the same email that I got, signed in and was able to read the Product Notice and access a related PDF.

Have you tried to sign in and still can't access the Product Notice? Or, sign out and then click the link and sign back in when you click the link?

Same here. Went straight to it. But I had been logged in previously. I usually have to access it every 24 hours to remain logged in. After that times out I have to log back in.

OG

It says that the anomaly only occurs when an on-line edit still exists at the time that a program is taken off-line. The affected routine (and any included JSRs) stop executing. It's unclear if going back on-line helps, but apparently not.

I also had and continue to have no issue viewing the article, and I do not normally stay logged in.

It says that the anomaly only occurs when an on-line edit still exists at the time that a program is taken off-line. The affected routine (and any included JSRs) stop executing. It's unclear if going back on-line helps, but apparently not.

My reading of the article is that as long as you don't delete your partial edits while offline and then download, you should be fine (see step 3). If you just go back online without making any offline changes, or upload if it won't let you go online, it sounds like the problem doesn't occur.

Have you tried to sign in and still can't access the Product Notice? Or, sign out and then click the link and sign back in when you click the link?

I stay signed in and never have to login there.

I have tried to login on that page but it loops back to that page repeatedly.

Same here. Went straight to it. But I had been logged in previously. I usually have to access it every 24 hours to remain logged in. After that times out I have to log back in.

OG

My login never expires, I can not go there for 2 weeks and go right in without logging back in

I'm also logged in all the time, but every now and then, I have to delete cookies from Rockwell for the KB to work. It'll say to log in and when I hit the login button, it'll either crash or, after entering my credentials, go right back to the login prompt. Going into the browser settings and deleting RA's cookies generally clears it up.

So perhaps try accessing the page using your browsers incognito or private mode. This should force you to have to login. Then see if you can access the Tech Note in question.

I'm guessing you folks that are staying signed in are using the Keep me signed in option. I never use that, so after a certain amount of time I have to sign back in. This morning accessing the site I didn't have to log in since I accessed the site yesterday. Looks like it remembers you for two days if you don't use that option.

OG

RA SSO.PNG