Panelview Plus 7 no longer exporting Audit, Alarm, Diagnostic Data to USB

kloc5

Hello,

I have followed the "On_board Audit Demo" sample in FactoryTalk View Studio ME to add the functionality of exporting the Audit, Alarm, and Diagnostics Logs to USB from our HMI. Our application has displays that show a status number and text to indicate that the data export completed successfully.

This used to work, and we would get the log files exported to USB. Now, for some reason that I can't figure out, it still says it completes successfully, but the USB is empty after exporting. Any suggestions?

My best guess is that the log files are now being written to the PVP7 internal storage...
This could happen if the trigger for exporting the files and no external storage device was present. If this is the case the PVP7 will no longer send the logs to USB storage devices.

To correct this issue you will need to enter the PVP7 Windows CE desktop and browse to the internal storage and Delete the folder that is storing your logs.
Another option is to enter PVP7 "Maintenance Mode Operations" and perform a Clear All Data, this should restore all storage media to its original state. You will have to re-implement all user data changes.

One other thing. In FactoryTalk View Studio check the >CSV Export Setup>Path and make sure you always create a FOLDER off the root of your external media storage device to store you logs. example: \USB Storage\Logs

My best guess is that the log files are now being written to the PVP7 internal storage...
This could happen if the trigger for exporting the files and no external storage device was present. If this is the case the PVP7 will no longer send the logs to USB storage devices.

To correct this issue you will need to enter the PVP7 Windows CE desktop and browse to the internal storage and Delete the folder that is storing your logs.
Another option is to enter PVP7 "Maintenance Mode Operations" and perform a Clear All Data, this should restore all storage media to its original state. You will have to re-implement all user data changes.

One other thing. In FactoryTalk View Studio check the >CSV Export Setup>Path and make sure you always create a FOLDER off the root of your external media storage device to store you logs. example: \USB Storage\Logs
Thanks for your help.

What is the advantage of creating a folder (i.e. \USB Storage\Logs)? Does this help prevent the PVP7 from creating an internal folder if they accidentally hit the Export button before inserting a USB drive. It is currently set to \USB Storage.

Thanks for your help.

What is the advantage of creating a folder (i.e. \USB Storage\Logs)? Does this help prevent the PVP7 from creating an internal folder if they accidentally hit the Export button before inserting a USB drive. It is currently set to \USB Storage.

Yes, it helps prevent the OS from writing the logs internally.