Eastec 2023

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Are any members planning to be at the Eastec show the week after next? I'm planning to be there on Tuesday, May 16th, but I'm retired and I can easily change my day to accommodate the schedule of anyone who's not. It would be great to meet any members in person.

Hello Steve,
I was going to be there tomorrow, but you know how this line of work goes......lol. I have to go assist at our Poland Springs plant in Maine tomorrow. So it's 3 hours north for me in the morning. I hope you enjoy the show. I was looking forward to meeting you.
Hopefully I will be there Wednesday afternoon if all goes well.

Cheers!

A continuation of the trend I've seen over the past several years. he show keeps getting smaller with fewer attendees. I talked to a friend in the Fanuc booth. He says sales are steady, the decline in sales of CNC controllers matched by an increase in sales of robots. I find as I get older and more and more of my peers retire, I'm seeing more faces I recognize in the aisles than in the booths.

Not from Elm. He is a Fanuc employee, formerly GE/Fanuc. When GE and Fanuc divorced, he chose to stay with Fanuc. He and I met when I was working for a GE/Fanuc distributor. We both called on the machine tool builders in the area, and there were frequent projects with both PLC and CNC content at places like Kingsbury, Bryant Grinder, Fellows, and Cone-Blanchard.