Et200sp sensor connection

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi ,
I have never used an decentralized i/o before but now I have approximate 90 3wire sensors on a relative small space away from my s7-1200. I thought that the i/o units could supply the + and - aswell but there is only one aux channel. I guess I will use sensor terminals and wire it to the i/o. But is there a better solution?

You can select ET200SP base units with enough aux terminals.
ET200SP can be quite confusing, and you can easily make mistakes in ordering parts that wont fit together or not work as intended.
I recommend use this tool to select the parts:
https://www.siemens.com/global/en/products/automation/topic-areas/tia/tia-selection-tool.html

I have used that tool but as I see it if I use the AUX10 base it is only 10 of the same potential. For example 10 positive. In a 8DI module I would need 8 positive and 8 negative, to be able to connect the sensor at the module. I can't find that, I have also looked in the et200SP manual and only find the same thing :/

You are probably looking at a base unit which has 8 DI and 8 V+ terminals and 2 Aux terminals. You need to select a base unit with 8 Aux terminals.

Ah, I did look at the 10AUX base unit but I failed to understand that the V+ terminals was already "there" (9-16) so the AUX only was used for V-.

So for a 16DI module there is no option but to use externa terminals for 3wire.

It's now clear to me, thanks for you help as always

/Tim